This April 7th we celebrate World Health Day indoors, as a measure to protect ourselves from COVID-19. And at Zenzsual we wonder if, now more than ever, we should strengthen our health care, as a lesson from this pandemic, where women are playing a fundamental role, as health personnel and as caregivers.
Paradoxically, life has shown us that as we have more responsibilities, women always leave ourselves last on the list of priorities, after family, children, partner and work. And it shouldn't be like that! To live healthy and happy, we have some physical and psychological challenges to attend to. That is why today we come to remind you in a simple way how to achieve balance and comprehensive well-being, leading a lifestyle that truly allows you to avoid diseases and medical complications, because we have two options: either we work preventively in the daily and rigorous care of our physical health and mental or we simply let ourselves be carried away by the wave, taking care of illnesses when they arrive. What do you think? I think we all agree that it is better to act proactively to ensure happy aging.
Prevention is the best investment! Take care of your daily routine
Prevention is the key and the secret is to take care of yourself regularly. Here we share some small tips that will allow you to make great advances in your feminine health if you do it every day:
Take care of your intimate hygiene: keeping the pH balanced in your intimate area is important to prevent infections. It is not recommended to use body soap, as it can irritate or dry you out and alter the pH of the area, eliminating the natural protective barrier. Instead, choose products specially created for the intimate area such as the Zenzsual cleansing foam , which, in addition to cleaning yourself, provides you with protection due to its high component of cranberry extract, lactic acid, and hyaluronic acid, among other ingredients that give you something more than just cleaning.
Moisturize your genital area: avoid the discomfort of dryness that appears at certain stages of our lives and worsens with menopause , using an intimate gel with a high content of hyaluronic acid that also helps reduce the discomfort caused by the friction of sexual intercourse. Zenzsual's intimate gel is a good option for its double moisturizing function, in addition to taking advantage of the benefits of hyaluronic acid (if you have already heard all that this component does for your face by eliminating your wrinkles, imagine the hydration benefits it provides to your vulva and vagina).
Exercise your pelvic floor : Age doesn't matter. Add Kegel exercises to your daily routine, which will help you strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, which are important in generating sensations of pleasure during sexual intercourse and to avoid the dreaded urinary incontinence or prolapse. of your organs. If you want to know the step by step to perform these exercises, read HERE the explanatory article that we wrote for you.
Choose your underwear well : prefer natural fabrics such as cotton and avoid extremely tight clothing. Keep in mind that synthetic garments benefit infections , since it does not allow the correct perspiration of the area.
- Do you like to do Brazilian waxing ? It is better that you do it occasionally and try not to remove all pubic hair, because they have the function of protecting the intimate area, even if they are not very aesthetic.
The annual check-up is essential:
Friend, beyond good nutrition and regular exercise (WHICH ARE VERY IMPORTANT), you have to check your female health, at least once a year or as often as your doctor indicates:
- Visit the gynecologist: the doctor will do a physical examination, indicate other studies that he deems necessary, following up on your medical history. He will also do the cervical cytological control (Papanicolaou and Colposcopy), which are tests to detect malignant cells or lesions in time.
- Breast ultrasound: it is a simple test to examine the breasts, which is performed using an ultrasound machine, which uses sound waves.
- Gynecological and/or transvaginal ultrasound: it is a non-invasive exploration technique that, through ultrasound, allows visualizing the internal genitalia of the woman.
- Mammography: it is a diagnostic study of your breasts, which uses low-dose x-rays to promptly detect possible anomalies, such as cancer.
- Bone densitometry: it is an exam to detect a possible calcium deficiency in the bones, and to detect the famous osteoporosis in time. The doctor will tell you when you should do it.
- If you decide to be a mother or not : keep in mind the importance of family planning if you want to have children or not, the problems associated with infertility, prenatal monitoring for early detection of fetal malformations or other issues to attend to.
Pay attention to your body's signals: Listen well, it's too late for later!
To listen to your body, you have to know it. The reality is that we have a hectic life and many times we do not realize the consequences of excesses in our health. It's not just about knowing how much you weigh. We refer to listening to the small physiological signals that it sends us, because many times it speaks more than we think. Pay attention and become aware to timely capture the reactions of your body.
By knowing your body and being informed about the disorders or diseases that commonly affect us women, you will be more cautious about the risks to which you expose yourself and you will see a doctor in case of any suspicious symptoms.
Do you already know how to listen to the signals of the body? Here are some examples to guide you:
- Be aware if you have hidden pain (in your belly, in your back, in your legs, in your genitals, in your breasts, in short, anywhere in your body).
- Analyze how your emotional response is at different times of the month.
- Watch out if you start to feel unusual "hot flashes" associated with menopause at a young age.
- If you feel that your vagina gets very dry on some days of the month.
- If you start to leak urine when you laugh, cough, or exercise.
- If you have a strange lump in your breast or an accelerated growth in the size of your belly.
- If you have gained weight or lost a lot in recent months (eating healthily).
- If you have disabling periods with which you cannot get out of bed and it has been difficult for you to get pregnant, even though you have tried for months. You can hide endometriosis . Read our article where we talk about what's behind it.
Scientific statistics do not lie. Today we are increasingly faced with urinary tract health problems, urinary incontinence , pelvic floor disorders, prolapses, bacterial vaginosis, vaginitis, fibroids, vulvodynia, and breast or cervical cancer . Added to this are all the inconveniences in couple relationships that are caused simply by having vaginal dryness or not strengthening the pelvic floor muscles, ceasing to feel more pleasure.
The truth is that, as time goes by, we experience more unforeseen situations in our health that we can avoid, and if they are not preventable, it is better that you have the necessary knowledge to better deal with them.
Women's health goes far beyond the physical aspect, which is why at Zenzsual we will continue to share valuable content so that we can achieve this goal together. Visit our website www.zenzsual.com , follow us on our social networks @zenzsual @doctoraklarasenior and @tu_ginecologa and leave us your questions and comments to continue this conversation and help you stay healthy and sexually happy.