As part of World Depression Day, at Zenzsual we want to tell you how your intimate health, including your vagina, can be affected by depression and give you tools to identify it in time and take action.
Many times we underestimate the role that our emotional health has on our body, but the truth is that we are an interrelated whole. As surprising as it may seem, an emotional or mental health imbalance, such as stress, anxiety, or depression, can have negative effects on your vagina.
Before going into the subject it is very important that you understand, what is depression? I tell you, depression is a mood disorder that is characterized by persistent sadness, loss of interest or pleasure in daily activities, and a series of physical and psychological changes. If any of the above is happening to you, DO NOT BE ALARMED, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, seek help and support as it is one of the most common mental disorders, and can affect people of any age.
Depression can be caused by a variety of factors such as: psychological, hormonal, genetic, environmental, and social problems. It is often the result of a combination of elements, and may be related to stressful or traumatic events that you have experienced throughout your life. Attentive DO NOT ALLOW DEPRESSION TO TAKE CONTROL!! because it can also affect your vagina, so if you identify some of these symptoms it is ideal that you consult a mental health professional.
Specifically, you will ask yourself, how is it that your vagina is depressed? Well, believe it or not, there is a condition called "Depressed vagina syndrome" or also called "Vulvodynia". When the vagina is depressed, the most frequent manifestation is constant pain in the vulva (the external part of your genitals), for a period of no less than 3 months. The pain can range from a burning sensation to a throbbing pain, which can appear when the area is touched or even spontaneously. This pain can be accompanied by other discomforts such as itching, burning, inflammation of the area, hypersensitivity to the point that it is impossible to have penetrative sexual relations. It can be very limiting for some women so much so that it prevents them from putting on underwear or tight clothing, and sometimes presents as the first manifestation of general depression.
Why this problem occurs is still not clear to us doctors, but several factors have been associated that can put you at risk of suffering from it, such as: psychological and hormonal problems, vaginal infections, chronic dermatitis on the skin of the vulva, previous sexual traumas, changes in the nervous sensitivity of the genital area as a result of aggressive gynecological treatments on the skin of the vulva (Example: burning of HPV warts), history of episiotomies or tears during childbirth, gynecological surgeries, it has even been related to the use of clothing that may cause excessive friction and/or damage to the skin.
If you suffer from pain similar to the one described, or you already have a diagnosis of Vulvodynia, do not let its symptoms affect your life, act now! At Zenzsual we will always recommend that you visit a gynecology specialist to rule out the different physical causes, it may also be prudent to visit a mental health professional if there are no findings on your physical examination.
We recommend you start applying these tips at home that we are sure will help you or even prevent further discomfort:
- Avoid wearing very tight clothing.
- Wear soft, seamless cotton underwear.
- Do not use fabric softeners or very strong detergents when washing your underwear.
- Perform maximum genital grooming twice a day (washing excessively aggravates discomfort) ONLY on the outside (vulva), NEVER on the inside (vagina).
- Use a special intimate cleanser for the genital area, that does not have detergent, that is pH balanced to that of the area, that has hyaluronic acid to hydrate the skin and without perfume. We recommend our cleansing foam with hyaluronic acid, which rinses easily and has all these features.
- Moisturize the skin and the interior of your vagina daily with a product specially formulated for the area, pH balanced, water-based, with hyaluronic acid and fragrance-free. Zenzsual's moisturizing intimate gel with hyaluronic acid is the best companion to cleansing foam and will be very helpful, even during intimate relationships to avoid pain.
- Place cold compresses on the affected area.
- Avoid activities that put pressure on your vulva, such as horseback riding, cycling, etc.
- Start activities that help you lower the stress level in your life such as: Yoga, Pilates, Mindfulness, etc.
- Use natural supplements to improve your mood such as CBD that, together with the advice of a mental health staff, and probably the use of cognitive-behavioral therapy, will improve your quality of life.
Do you know what CBD is and how it can help you?
CBD stands for cannabidiol, a compound extracted from the Cannabis Sativa plant, which is the main compound found in the hemp plant (HEMP). CBD and marijuana are derived from different species of Cannabis Sativa plants. CBD is derived from hemp, while marijuana is derived from the species of marijuana, meaning CBD is NOT the same as marijuana.
Our CBD ZEN has no psychotropic effects, that is, it does NOT affect a person's sense of reality and perception. Rather, their interaction within the body benefits sleep, mood, stress management, maintaining a sense of calm, and enhancing recovery from exercise. It is an excellent option to add to your daily wellness routine.
One of the most effective ways to keep your intimate health cared for and protected is by using good products suitable for the care of your genital area, such as the Zenzsual cleansing foam, which is formulated for the hygiene of your intimate area, thus allowing it to regenerate. , rejuvenate and hydrate your zone V, is made with natural ingredients such as organic blueberry extract which allows you to keep your zone cared for and protected. For the perfect combination, we recommend the Zenzsual moisturizing gel that is made from water, does not contain hormones and, best of all, has plant-based hyaluronic acid which will help relieve vaginal dryness, infections, itching, burning, or discomfort caused by changes in the pH of your vagina.
At Zenzsual we have prepared the perfect trio to help you restore your physical and mental health, since both are interrelated, presenting you our PERFECT ZEN TRIO , which includes:
- CBD ZEN
- Zenzsual Cleansing Foam.
- Zenzsual Moisturizing Gel.
- Bonus gift: the Happy Vulva Guide + Travel Kit (foam and gel).
Apart from the KIT with a 35% discount , you will receive a gift with your purchase that you will love and of course the shipping is on us.
Remember friend, depression can affect many aspects of your life, it is in your hands to take action to combat it, but you are not alone in this, here at Zenzsual we are here to inform and guide you, apart from providing you with products that can help you in the intimate care of your your zone v.