Let's start by clarifying that there are many benefits of coconut oil for health, that it tastes good, it smells delicious, and many famous personalities speak highly of it. But we should not always get carried away by trends, without doing a little research or consulting our gynecologist before making the decision to use it on your vulva.
In the case of the intimate area, there are 5 reasons why we do not recommend using coconut oil:
- Coconut oil is considered a comedogenic ingredient , which means it can produce acne-like irritation and may cause a comedone, meaning the heavy texture of coconut oil can clog your pores, causing comedones, blackheads, whiteheads, and acne. buds.
- Coconut oil is not compatible with latex condoms , as it weakens them and can cause them to break by breaking down the latex, meaning it can reduce the effectiveness of condoms.
- And if you apply it to your favorite sex toys , you will destroy them . Both those produced with silicone and other materials used in their manufacture, because they are not compatible with oil-based lubricants.
- By using coconut oils that are not 100% organic and vegan, you run the risk of applying other components that may unbalance the pH of the intimate area, altering the vaginal flora and exposing you to infections.
- They are not gynecologically tested products . Why expose ourselves by applying products that were not created for your vulva, if there are so many options on the market that they have gone through all the quality tests?
In conclusion, the best recommendation that we can give you, as gynecologists and sexologists who are experts in the creation of specific products for the intimate area, is that you do not use coconut oil on your vulva (outside), or on your vagina (inside), or for anal sex. If you still decide to use it, apply it only in the groin area and its surroundings towards the leg.
Just think about what happens when you mix oil and water, because the same thing happens with coconut oil when it comes into contact with your sweat and sexual fluids, it changes its texture and hardens, producing a texture that does not feel good on the skin. intimacy or walking with the rubbing of the crotch.
Still don't know what to use? Assemble your basic tool kit
To combat vaginal dryness or as a lubricant in intimacy, in our online store you will find:
Zenzsual's Intimate Moisturizing Gel for women is a hormone-free, water-based product, with vegan hyaluronic acid, pH balanced to normal in the genital area, free of parabens, glycerin and not tested on animals.
The intention of the product is to hydrate the female genital area due to its high content of hyaluronic acid, and balance the pH to alleviate the symptoms of dryness that can occur at various times in a woman's life, this in turn improves health. of the genital area and decreases the chance of infections that are related to the imbalance of pH that can occur after pregnancy, during the taking of contraceptives in the menopause and on other occasions.
- You will also find the Zenzsual cleansing foam for cleaning the external genital area WITHOUT DETERGENT (SYNDET), with hyaluronic acid and lactic acid to guarantee hydration and balance the pH of the area, organic blueberry extract to improve the local defense system, with bisabolol which is a chamomile derivative to prevent inflammation and odor-controlling ingredients, for daily use and grooming.
- For anal sex , instead of using coconut oil you can use TABU LUB®, Zenzsual's silicone-based lubricant exclusively for anal use. This product is a long-lasting formula that allows a soft rubbing sensation without being sticky, therefore, it reduces the chance of damage in the area. It is transparent, odorless, paraben-free, preservative- and glycerin-free, and condom-compatible. It is formulated with the highest grade silicone for maximum performance during anal sex. It is FDA approved.
- In the event that you want to protect yourself from infections preventively and from the inside out, we recommend the Zenbiotic nutritional supplement , one of the first lines of defense in the body is the local bacterial flora. This is a formula designed to boost vaginal health as well as full body digestive and immune wellness. It contains 25 billion CFUs of probiotics, which are good bacteria that coexist in the human body, promoting proper functioning and promoting natural environments that stimulate defense systems against germs that can cause disease. Specially made with Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli specific to the vagina, to reduce the frequency of the most common female problems such as: vaginal pH imbalance and the presence of yeasts or fungi (Candidiasis).
Just as we use products to care for the rest of our body. The intimate area is also taken care of . Depending on the age or the time of life in which you find yourself in #TuSaludIntima you will find a kit for you. And on the Zenzsual blog and on the #TuSaludIntima social networks, every week we publish information that helps you cultivate your knowledge about healthy sexuality.
In 2022 we continue to bet on #TuSaludIntima through our website, sharing relevant content for you, about your female health, for your life as a couple and your sexuality.
Don't stop following us on social networks like @TuSaludIntima @DoctoraKlaraSenior and @Tu_ginecologa.