The lack of desire, little arousal or pain during sexual intercourse can be the alarms that indicate that you are living with a Sexual Dysfunction. Begin to solve it by implementing the simple changes in your lifestyle, which we share with you in this article!
Although it sounds far away, it is important that you know what Female Sexual Dysfunctions imply, learn to identify their symptoms and the options to solve it in a timely manner if it happens to you, so that they do not interfere with your sexual well-being. Well, it's more common than you think, since 75%* of women have experienced it.
What is Sexual Dysfunction?
It's not a matter of age, it can happen to you at any time in your life . Sexual dysfunctions occur when there is a significant change in your usual sexual behavior, which represents a persistent and recurring problem that affects your desire, your arousal levels, orgasm or causes pain during intercourse. Keep in mind that at some point in life we all go through stages where we may be facing problems that divert our focus and cause us to temporarily lose interest in sexuality, THAT IS NOT A DYSFUNCTION, it is a normal part of LIFE. We are here to give you alerts when the above can become something abnormal and what you can do.
When we have a positive sexual response, a complex combination of changes in the body , emotions, experiences, beliefs, lifestyles and relationships take place within our body , which when they fail affect sexual desire, as well as the response to arousal or arousal. satisfaction.
If you have doubts or consider that you may be experiencing a similar situation, it is time for you to know that Sexual Dysfunctions can be treated by consulting a doctor, who will help you find the best solution.
Keep reading! and learn to recognize its symptoms and the possible solutions that you can implement at home with your partner, with the indication of your trusted doctor and the use of some support tools that we will share with you.
Could it be that you have a Sexual Dysfunction? Recognize your symptoms:
If you continually postpone or avoid sexual intercourse, you have no sexual thoughts or fantasies, you have never been able to have an orgasm by any method , or you simply find it difficult to enjoy intercourse and this affects you , it is time to carefully observe and review the most frequent symptoms of female sexual dysfunctions and discuss it with your doctor and your partner.
Below are the main symptoms that may vary in each woman, depending on the dysfunction she has :
- The desire is gone: your sexual desire is almost non-existent, which means that you are not very interested in sex or have little willingness for it.
- You have a hard time getting aroused: Suppose you really want it and your desire remains the same, but you have difficulty getting aroused or staying aroused during your sexual encounters.
- You hardly ever get there: you rarely reach orgasm or come with great difficulty, even if you are sufficiently aroused or maintain stimulation with your partner (or in masturbation).
- You feel pain with sex: you have pain related to sexual stimulation, rubbing, penetration or simple vaginal contact.
Why me? Risk Factors for Female Sexual Dysfunctions
If you live or have experienced some of the situations listed below, you are more prone to developing sexual dysfunction. The important thing is that you identify the reason for the problem to find the best solution. Review each one of the possible factors that are often interrelated and that contribute to a lack of sexual satisfaction:
- Physical Causes: If you have gone through a major illness, your body may be undergoing a set of changes that prevent you from having sex as before. Among the main medical disorders, the following stand out: cancer, kidney dysfunction, multiple sclerosis, heart disease and bladder problems. Also included are neurological diseases, such as spinal cord injury or multiple sclerosis; and gynecological diseases, such as vulvovaginal atrophy, infections or lichen sclerosus.
And some medicines, such as : antidepressants, blood pressure medicines, antihistamines and chemotherapy; they can also decrease sexual desire and the body's ability to experience orgasm.
- Hormonal causes. The decrease in estrogen levels, typical of the menopause, can cause changes in the genital tissues and in the sexual response; affecting blood circulation to the pelvic region, which can decrease sensation in the genitals and take longer to reach arousal and orgasm.
At Zenzsual we are constantly alerting women to the effects of reduced hormone levels on their desire, especially after giving birth and while breastfeeding, which can lead to vaginal dryness . They may also feel pain during sex, as the vaginal lining becomes thinner and less elastic, especially if you are not sexually active.
- Psychological and social causes. Anxiety, depression, stress, a history of sexual abuse, and even the worries of pregnancy and the demands of motherhood can cause or contribute to sexual dysfunction.
It is important to note that long-term conflicts with your partner and insecurities with your body image can also affect your sexual response.
What to do if you live with some sexual dysfunction?
If the symptoms you notice during your sexual intercourse make you uncomfortable, worry you and affect your relationship, you don't have to continue suffering that agony:
- Consult the doctor : Leave the grief and speak clearly about your medical and sexual history, about what you feel, your current problems, your worries and what you are experiencing. The more honest you can be, the better chance you have of finding the most effective treatment for you.
- Seek more help!: Additionally, you can consult an expert coach in sexual and relationship problems . Therapy usually includes information on how to optimize the body's sexual response, ways to improve intimacy with your partner, and recommendations for reading materials or exercises to do as a couple.
Ideally, you should have a comprehensive treatment that addresses medical, emotional, and relationship-related aspects. At Zenzsual we offer SexCoaching consultations that can help you in this regard (visit our website: at www.zenzsual.com ).
- Communicate openly with your partner. That both understand the situation, helps a lot to solve it. If they never talk about sexuality, it's time to mention in a positive way about what you're experiencing in private.
- Improve your lifestyle towards the healthy. Avoid alcohol and sugar which are not good for your sexual response. Be physically active to increase your energy and lift your mood, which enhances romantic emotions. Learn to reduce stress, so you can focus and enjoy sexual experiences.
For some women, quitting smoking, getting enough sleep, losing weight, accepting their body as it is, and loving their self-esteem add to their well-being and improve their interest in sexual relations.
- Moisturize your vagina daily with lubricant. A quality vaginal lubricant like #Zenzsual with high concentrations of hyaluronic acid is very useful during sexual intercourse if you have vaginal dryness or pain.
- Try a vaginal exerciser. Arousal can be intensified with clitoral stimulation. You can use a vibrator to stimulate the clitoris or our VagiYoga vaginal exerciser to strengthen your pelvic floor and promote arousal.
DO NOT CONTINUE LIVING WITH A SEXUAL DISSATISFACTION that interrupts your well-being and your quality of life.
This has a solution and at Zenzsual we accompany you along the way so that you can feel full and happy.
Keep in mind that you can find us on our website: www.zenzsual.com and on social networks look for us as @zenzsual !