Insulin resistance can lead to recurrent vaginal yeast infections. If you're the type to eat the whole cake, start by eliminating added sugar from your diet and follow our tips to keep your vaginal pH balanced.
Women are at higher risk of getting vaginal yeast infections , especially if their blood sugar levels are high and they have poor circulation, which reduces the body's ability to fight infection. Constantly suffering from this type of discomfort can ruin your day to day, and even your intimate life, so we are going to teach you how to avoid them or how to identify them in order to go to the doctor quickly. Also, if you are diabetic, it is possible that your bladder does not empty completely, which creates a perfect environment for the multiplication of bacteria and this is risky for other types of infections such as urinary infections.
Why do vaginal yeast infections occur?
Fungi normally live in our vagina but in very small numbers, they are mainly controlled by the acidic pH of the vagina, since they hate acidity. Any condition that changes the pH, that lowers the defense system or that provides more energy to the fungi, favors infection, which is nothing more than an overgrowth of what we already have inside.
It happens that high blood sugar levels favor the proliferation of fungi and bacteria throughout the body since these two types of organisms reproduce in the presence of this source of energy; the best example is yeast for making bread (a type of fungus), if we want it to grow and foam, we add a little sugar to warm water. For this reason , people with diabetes are three times more likely to get infections in general, and the vagina is no exception, because it is also naturally moist and dark, two aspects that fungi love .
What do you feel when you have a vaginal yeast infection?
- Vaginal discharge in the style of sour milk , odorless or a little acid, sometimes it can even be GREEN and very sticky.
- Itching, burning, or redness in or around the vagina. Which usually gets worse the longer you have the infection.
- Sex can be uncomfortable or painful .
- In some extreme cases, you can have cracks in the vulva , even in the anus.
- Consult your doctor , he is the only one who can give you the pertinent indications for your case. These types of infections are usually easily cured in a few days with antifungals. It will be the doctor who will prescribe the appropriate medicine to treat these infections.
- Be sure to follow the instructions and complete the entire treatment , even if the symptoms have disappeared before you have finished the cycle.
- Do not have vaginal or oral sex, or insert anything into your vagina, until you have finished treatment and the infection has cleared up. The friction from sex can cause more irritation or make it harder to heal. Some medicines used in the vagina have oil in them, which can cause condoms to break.
- Try not to scratch (although we know it is very itchy), because this can make the irritation worse or cause cuts in the skin, which can spread germs and worsen the infection.
- Moisturize your genitals after you finish the treatment and regularly , this levels the natural pH of your vagina; We recommend you use a quality intimate gel daily, which has high concentrations of hyaluronic acid and is water-based (check that it does NOT contain oil or glycerin).
To do this, you can use the ZENZSUAL FEMALE MOISTURIZING GEL which is 100% natural, with a high concentration of hyaluronic acid (3 times more than regular gels on the market). It is produced with a water base, which does not predispose to infections since the oil contributes to the deposit of bacteria and sediments in the folds of the genitals. And its pH has been specially designed to protect the intimate area of women. In addition, it is compatible with latex and does not contain glycerin or parabens.
How to prevent vaginal yeast infections?
We continually hear from women who, when they suspect they have a vaginal infection, begin to self-medicate and use things as extreme as douching, ovules not indicated by the doctor, application of iodine, or even aloe vera.
Know that you should not do it because it could aggravate the situation! Pay attention to our recommendations:
- Stop overdoing the sweet: surely it is not the first time you have heard this recommendation. This is another compelling reason to stop consuming refined sugar, or at least reduce its presence in your diet. By keeping your blood sugar level as close to optimal as possible, you are rooting out one of the main causes of yeast infections.
- Wear cotton underwear : this fabric allows the skin of your genitals to perspire and if there is sweat it evaporates quickly, reducing humidity and bad odors. There are certain fabrics that help the proliferation of bacteria such as synthetic or polyester. Avoid those fabrics that make you sweat more and leave it for special occasions.
- Practice good vulvar or external hygiene : with soaps suitable for this area, that is, without detergent, without perfume, once a day or maximum two, over washing is also harmful. Avoid scented soaps.
- Avoid internal or vaginal douches , as they sweep away and kill off the good bacteria that maintain the acidic pH of your vagina, giving way to yeast infection.
In conclusion, our main recommendation is that you fix the problem from the root , focus on having a good diet without the presence of added sugar that allows you to balance your blood glucose levels, and at the same time, get used to using your Zenzsual Intimate Gel daily Take care of your hygienic habits and give your vagina the daily care it needs. Pay attention and you will see that you can find a quick solution to those annoying symptoms.
If you want to know more about women's issues for your health care. You can find us on our website: www.zenzsual.com and on social networks look for us as @zenzsual , where we have other products such as the VagiYoga vaginal exerciser and the LibiZenzs libido booster, which can help you improve your sexuality and female health. . And we continue with our doors open to listen to you through ourSexCoaching sessions.