Have you experienced firsthand the consequences of premature ejaculation? Although you are ashamed to admit it, it is more frequent than you think. The truth is that it has a solution in 95% of cases, thanks to psychological counseling, medication and some techniques to delay orgasm that we will share with you.
This article is dedicated to all the gentlemen of the #TeamTuSaludIntima who frequently write to us concerned about living in body and soul the ravages of premature ejaculation, seeking help to improve their sexual life and their relationship.
Many ask us: what can I do to avoid ejaculating so quickly? Is there any medication that helps? Who can I talk to about it? Should we both go to couples therapy? What do I tell her so she doesn't leave me? what could be causing this? will it be forever?
The reality is that premature ejaculation occurs when a man ejaculates earlier than desired during sexual intercourse . It is a situation so frequent that at least 1 in 3 men have experienced it on some occasion and have lived with the difficulties it generates in satisfying their partner, causing intimacy problems and damaging their relationships.
How to know if Premature Ejaculation is affecting you?
There is no set time that a man should last during sex . But when he orgasms sooner than he wants, he loses his erection and is unable to continue intercourse.
The main symptom of premature ejaculation is precisely this inability to delay ejaculation for more than a minute after penetration. However, the problem could occur in all kinds of sexual situations, even during masturbation.
The first thing you should ask yourself is how often it happens to you. If it is occasionally, it is not a cause for concern. But if you think that it happens to you frequently, you should analyze the following situations that will give you the certainty that you are in the presence of premature ejaculation and the signal to find a solution:
- Always, or almost always, you ejaculate in less than a minute after penetration
- You are never, or almost never, able to delay ejaculation when you have sex
- You feel anxious and frustrated, and tend to avoid sexual intimacy as a result
If you coincide with any of these situations, you are already suffering from premature ejaculation. But keep calm! That much of the solution is in your hands, rather, in your brain and in the control of your thoughts.
What causes premature ejaculation?
A number of emotional and physical factors can lead to premature ejaculation. It can happen when a man becomes overly excited or stimulated, if his penis is very sensitive, if he is with a new partner, and from other common causes including:
- early sexual experiences
- sexual abuse
- body image issues
- Anxiety about sexual performance
- Concern about premature ejaculation
- Feelings of guilt that make you rush through sexual encounters
- couple problems
- Emotional stress or tension that may limit your ability to relax and focus
The doctor should evaluate and review if there are biological factors that could cause premature ejaculation, for example:
- abnormal hormone levels
- Abnormal levels in the brain of a special chemical called serotonin.
- Inflammation and infection of the prostate or urethra
- hereditary traits
- Fear of losing your erection that could make you rush (erectile dysfunction)
- Rarely, it may be associated with damage to the nervous system from surgery or trauma.
How is the treatment of premature ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation often goes away without treatment. And it can be prevented or avoided, with some behaviors or actions that are within reach of your hands.
Keep in mind that if premature ejaculation is interfering with your sexual life, there are 4 key people in the solution: you, your partner, your doctor and your psychologist or therapist:
Have a sensible conversation with yourself . Analyze if any of the possible causes are under the control of your thoughts and you just need to relax a little more. Maybe it's easier and can be resolved by concentrating better, thinking about other things while being stimulated to last a little longer, or using a condom to reduce sensitivity.
- Talk to your partner. You may feel responsible or disconnected from the problem. Talking about it can help them feel more comfortable. Also, she can help you implement some strategies to delay those orgasms. Here are some behavioral methods or techniques that have been helpful for more than 95% of men with premature ejaculation:
The method start and stop. Either one of you should stimulate the penis until you feel that you are about to have an orgasm. Then the stimulation stops for approximately 30 seconds. Once he regains control of your response, the stimulation begins again. This process is repeated 3 or 4 times before allowing yourself to have an orgasm.
The compression method works in a similar way. When you feel that you are about to ejaculate, you or your partner will gently press the head of the penis for about 30 seconds so that you begin to lose your erection. Repeat this process several times before allowing yourself to orgasm.
Seek psychological support: Anxiety, depression and other emotional problems can lead to premature ejaculation. It may be helpful to seek help from a psychologist, psychiatrist, or sex therapist. Couples therapy also helps if relationship problems are the cause. In " Your Intimate Health"we offer you the SexCoaching sessions that are carried out with specialists and with whom, for sure, you will be able to talk and address the situation in confidence and security.
Consult the doctor and verify that your physiological functions are working properly. He or she will perform a physical exam, ask a few questions, and provide a diagnosis. He will also be able to answer your questions and broaden your perspective on other men with the same problem.
- Natural Supplements : Some natural supplements that help improve circulation to the penis, make erections stronger and manage to keep them longer. Such is the case of LibiZenzs for Men, a nutritional supplement created by Zenzsual especially for men who want to increase their strength, power and sexual desire by regulating your hormones, naturally increasing testosterone in your body and increasing circulation to the area. male intimate. If you want to know more about Libizenzs For Men click here .
It is important that you know that only the doctor is the right professional to prescribe any medical treatment. In some cases they even prescribe:
- Some antidepressants that will be evaluated according to your case , since they can generate other side effects.
- Any of the medications used for erectile dysfunction , which can also help prevent premature ejaculation.
- Anesthetic creams applied to the head of the penis a few minutes before sexual intercourse can decrease sensation in the penis, delaying ejaculation.
Whatever combination of solutions you decide to undertake. Control of your thoughts, self-confidence and teamwork will be the master key to forget about premature ejaculation.
Couples work better when they work together! For this reason, at “ Tu Salud Íntima ” we care about the health of both, so that they can grow up in good health, with well-being and with the balance they need to always enjoy healthy sexuality. Every month we will continue sharing content for the gentlemen of the #TeamTuSaludIntima.
Visit our website www.tusaludintima.com , follow us on our social networks @tusaludintima @doctoraklarasenior and @tu_ginecologa and leave us your questions and comments to continue this conversation and help you stay healthy and sexually happy.