It is common to hear, like an open secret, from women who miss the opportunity to enjoy the sexual act, in a comfortable and pleasant way, because of vaginal dryness. In this article, we share some basic tips to resolve this annoying symptom, learn about its causes, and treat it, starting with providing proper hydration to your intimate area.
In medical terms, pain during sexual intercourse is known as Dyspareunia, referring to any genital pain present before, during or after sexual intercourse and its intensity varies from person to person.
To find the causes of this pain that interrupts your moments of intimacy and sensuality, medical consultation is essential to give it the deserved treatment in a timely manner, without letting it become an obstacle to reaching orgasm, and in the long term, it can represent a problem that interferes in your life as a couple.
One of the main reasons why women experience pain during sexual intercourse is related to decreased Vaginal Lubrication , which can be caused by different factors, such as:
- Hormonal changes
- Excessive consumption of sugar
- metabolic syndrome with insulin resistance
- stress and depression
- Hormonal intrauterine devices (such as Mirena)
- Some oral contraceptives and those that are progesterone-based
- vaginal infections
- Sjogren's syndrome
- Excessive use of vaginal soaps and lotions
Other causes of pain during sexual intercourse can be related to:
- Acute or chronic infections in the urinary tract
- Injury or trauma (irritation from accident, pelvic surgery, female circumcision)
- Inflammation or disorders of the skin of the genital area
- Involuntary spasms of the muscles of the vaginal walls (vaginismus)
- congenital anomaly
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- fibroids and endometriosis
- Scars after childbirth
- Psychic problems , as common as relationship problems or more complex as some factors linked to a history of abuse.
To decipher the riddle, consult the doctor! Do not leave it for later and prioritize your intimate health, just as you do with the health of your family. We give you the option of requesting your appointment online with the Zenzsual ™ doctors, experts in handling this type of case and are used to accompanying thousands of women in solving their doubts and situations related to women's health.
Tips to improve your lubrication
The first useful advice for any pain during intimacy is to identify the cause of the pain, according to the moment in which the discomfort appears. Here are some of the most common, the important thing is always to consult the doctor:
Pain at the beginning of penetration
Deep pain only with some positions
Shock of the penis with the bottom of the intimate area, where the cervix is located.
Communicate it to your partner and change position, to lower the intensity of penetration.
Deep pain that persists in any position and that persists even after intercourse:
Consult the doctor as soon as possible.
Additionally, in this situation you can do some very simple things to achieve maximum lubrication when having intimate relationships.
Here are some tips to achieve it and enjoy it, as you well deserve it.
- Maintain an active sexual life: and try to balance your life between work and rest accompanied by healthy lifestyle habits, such as exercise and fresh air.
- Eat healthy: eat foods rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids and, if necessary, take natural food supplements with omega oils (always after consulting your doctor).
- Do not use vaginal washes or abuse soap in the intimate area : not even the one sold as intimate soap. With just water and a very mild soap, you can eliminate all microbes and take care of the natural pH of the mucosa.
- Do not abuse tampons: They have chemicals that dry or absorb fluids from the walls of the vagina, leaving them unprotected.
- Use lubricants: at least once a day and for the moment of sexual enjoyment. Especially if you have dryness on a regular basis. It is important that you prefer water-based and ecological vaginal lubricants.
The Zenzsual ™ feminine moisturizing gel has the added value of having a high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid, a component that promotes hydration and guarantees its effective action in the genital area, since it has 3 times the volume or amount of other gels in the market.
It is the only 100% natural organic gel on the market, suitable for vegans. It is produced based on water, which is a great benefit since it does not predispose to infections and is compatible with latex, so it does not damage condoms or sex toys. It does not contain glycerin or parabens and its PH is specially designed to protect your intimate area.
In short, the main recommendation is that you treat your vagina like the rest of your body, and like many treat your face. Spend a few minutes after the bath to hydrate and nourish it.