World Health Day is celebrated every April 7th and to commemorate it we want to revise this definition: "Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not just the absence of conditions or diseases".
This concept of health is the one shared by the World Health Organization since 1948 and in 75 years it has never been modified.
At tu Salud intima, we not only agree on this comprehensive approach, but we are also convinced that for women our "health" also includes self-esteem, self-knowledge and full sexuality.
Do you feel healthy?
It's easy to lose focus and believe that health is just a matter of taking care of your body, eating well, and exercising. However, our health requires much more from us.
Comprehensive health requires harmony between what we feel, what we think and the way we act, according to the physical changes that occur in our body and the emotional changes that occur throughout our lives.
It also includes the way in which we relate to "our inner self" and with those around us, it is linked to the physical and recreational activities that we carry out and even the way in which we identify ourselves and work for our dreams and aspirations.
Taking care of our health includes everything from taking a daily walk to prioritizing our meetings with friends. And in the case of our intimate health, taking care of it is understanding that it is not just a matter of treating or preventing infections in the genitals.
Pillars of Intimate Health
We always insist that our intimate health is associated with many benefits, such as increased self-esteem, a greater emotional connection with ourselves, and reduced stress and anxiety.
On the other hand, keep in mind that sexual activity can also help improve physical health by increasing blood circulation and reducing the risk of heart disease and other chronic disorders.
How do we take care of it?
1. Hygiene: Maintaining good hygiene is essential for intimate health care. It is recommended to wash the genital area daily with lukewarm water and mild soap ( our cleansing foam with organic blueberry extract not only prevents bad odors but also moisturizes the skin in the area and maintains a balanced pH).
2. Protect yourself from STIs: The use of protection methods, such as condoms, is essential to prevent sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and unwanted pregnancies. According to the WHO, STIs can have important health consequences, including genital symptoms, complications during pregnancy, infertility, increased likelihood of HIV transmission, and psychosocial effects.
3. Healthy eating and lifestyle: A healthy diet and an active lifestyle can improve overall health, including intimate health. Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and lean protein can help prevent disease.
There are foods that are a balm for your vagina and if you want to prevent inflammation, infections, bad smell and even dryness, pay attention to what you are eating. Including probiotics in your diet can not only have a healthy impact on your intestine but also on vaginal pH.
Probiotics are important in maintaining a healthy balance of bacteria in the body and that helps us prevent infection and disease.
To learn more about the recommended diet for your vaginal health you can read here
4. Get enough sleep : Sleeping between 7 and 8 hours a day is essential for the recovery and rejuvenation of the body. Lack of sleep can negatively affect the immune system, increase inflammation in the body, and contribute to fatigue and stress. In addition, lack of sleep can also negatively affect sexual desire, concentration and even our heart.
Women are diagnosed with depression at higher rates than men, and sleeping too much or too little is a common symptom of the disorder. Studies have also found that women are more likely to reflect on their concerns.
Our CBD extract drops can be great allies in sleep hygiene. Its benefits on the body are multiple and it helps promote relaxation and sleep.
5. Exercise regularly: Exercise is always beneficial for our entire body. We recommend it to improve blood circulation, manage stress and even for our self-esteem. When exercising, don't forget to also exercise your pelvic floor.
The pelvic floor is a structure of muscles and ligaments that sits at the bottom of the pelvis and is responsible for supporting nearby organs, including the bladder, uterus, and rectum. Keeping it toned helps us control urine leakage among other complications that can really get worse with age.
If you learn to voluntarily, actively and strongly contract the pelvic floor and manage to maintain the contraction for a while, you will be able to contain urine and even gas.
5. Communication and more communication : Open and honest communication with your GP and your partner is essential for intimate health care. Talk about any concerns or problems you may have, and work together to find effective solutions.
Consulting a specialist and having a complete check-up regularly is undoubtedly very important in maintaining health and preventing complications. Do not postpone your visit to your gynecologist.
6. Visit our virtual store and take advantage of the 30% discount on the Total Intimate Health Kit that includes the feminine moisturizing gel with hyaluronic acid that cares for the skin of your vulva and vagina as well as lubricates, the cleansing foam with cranberry extract that cleanses, hydrates and maintains the pH balance, zenbiotic which is an ideal probiotic supplement to take care of your immune system and Bye Bye Cystitis which prevents urinary tract infections and the uncomfortable symptoms of cystitis.
In summary, taking care of our health in an integral way is essential to enjoy a full and healthy life.
Adopting a holistic approach allows us to approach our health considering all the aspects that influence our quality of life. By doing so, we will be able to maintain an appropriate balance in all the aspects that make it up and improve our health and well-being in the long term.